Wireless Servo Control, with ESP as Access Point
- Connect phone or laptop to "ESP_XXXX" wireless network, where XXXX is the ID of the robot
- Go to 192.168.4.1.
- A webpage with four buttons should appear. Click them to move the robot.
- In Arduino, go to Tools > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload to upload the files from ./data to the ESP
- Then, in Arduino, compile and upload sketch to the ESP
Arduino support for ESP8266 board
- In Arduino, add URL to Files > Preferences > Additional Board Managers URL.
- See https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/esp8266-thing-hookup-guide/installing-the-esp8266-arduino-addon
- To install, Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries... > Websockets > Install
- To install, create "tools" folder in Arduino, download, and unzip. See
- NodeMCU Amica DevKit Board (ESP8266 chip)
- Motorshield for NodeMCU
- 2 continuous rotation servos plugged into motorshield pins D1, D2
- Ultra-thin power bank (available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HJTNYJ)
- Paper chassis (see below)
Black lines: cut / Blue lines: mountain fold / Red lines: valley fold
Here's a video demonstrating how to fold the chassis: